Perfect for banquets, holding multiple pans of food and more, Carter-Hoffmann’s aluminum racks and cabinets are a great way to transport food easily and quickly. Keeping these units cleaned and in working order not only ensures that they stay sanitary and functional, but that they last for many years to come. Below are the periodic cleaning and maintenance instructions for your Carter-Hoffmann aluminum rack and cabinet
- Step 1—Clean cabinets and aluminum racks with pressure steam cleaning. Depending on the level of grease or debris, you can use mild cleaning additives, a baking soda and water solution or mild soap/detergent for tougher grease spots.
- NOTE—Do not use steel wool pads, abrasive cleaners or ammonia-based cleaning products. These can damage the rack.
- Step 2—After pressure cleaning with your solution of choice, rinse the rack thoroughly with clean water.
- Step 3—To further sanitize the unit, wipe down the rack with a solution made up of regular household laundry bleach (or 5.25% sodium hypochlorite) and water. To make this, mix 1-2 tablespoons of the bleach per quart of water.
- Step 4—Dry off the unit with a clean cloth.
- Step 1—If equipped, check the bearings on the casters to see if they need to be lubricated, and do so as needed.
- Step 2—Next check the hinges on the cabinet to make sure they’re not sticking. Use WD-40 to do so.
- Step 3—If equipped, check the wrap-around bumper to make sure the vinyl insert hasn’t become detached. IF it has, you can carefully pry it back into place with a flat-head screwdriver.
For more maintenance tips and cleaning instructions, check out our library of Carter-Hoffmann manuals and diagrams for help.