Groen Braising Pan Cleaning
Groen braising pans make the braising, frying, simmering and steaming processes simple and effective, allowing you to make some of your most popular dishes easily. As with any piece of equipment—but especially for your braising pan unit—it needs to be regularly cleaned to ensure it continues to function optimally and safely cook your food products. Below are instructions for the proper cleaning procedure for your Groen braising pan.
These instructions are for the Eclipse Ergonomic Tilting Braising Pan models, such as BPM-15/30/40G(S) and BPP-30/40G.
- Step 1 - Before cleaning, shut off the burner by turning the thermostat dial to “OFF” and unplug the unit.
- Step 2 - Before the pan has fully cooled down, clean off all food-contact surfaces as quickly as possible. If you’re using your braising pan consistently, be sure to thoroughly clean and sanitise the interior and exterior every 12 hours.
- Step 3 - Rinse or scrape off any large amounts of food residue, then wash the inside of the pan body with hot water and dish detergent. Be sure to follow any and all directions listed on the detergent for use. Rinse the pan with hot water and allow it to dry completely.
- Step 4 - Use a sponge, brush, cleaning cloth, plastic scrub pad or a plastic/rubber scraper with dish detergent to remove tougher food deposit spots. To make the process easier, allow a dish detergent and water mixture to sit in the pan and soak. To speed up this process, heat the detergent mixture briefly in the pan.
- NOTE—Do not use steel wool, metal scrapers, or abrasive cleaners as these can damage the braising pan.
- Step 5 - Spot-check the interior and exterior surfaces of the braising pan for any additional areas that need to be cleaned, like the underside of the cover and the control panel. Be sure to do this daily.
- Step 6 - Clean the controls and control panel with a damp cloth or a light spray of water. Be sure to wipe down thoroughly prior to reconnecting the unit to power.
- NOTE - Do not spray water directly onto burners or gas combustion chambers.
- Step 7 - If needed, clean the exterior with a stainless steel cleaner.
- Step 8 - To sanitize the braising pan, be sure to use a solution that equates to 100 parts per million available chlorine. Follow all provided instructions and use the sanitizing solution once the unit has been cleaned and drained. Once sanitized, rinse thoroughly.
- Step 9 - For hard water deposits or tough food residue, use a Groen delimer/descaler. Rinse and drain thoroughly before using the braising pan.
- Step 10 - For difficult cleaning problems you can’t solve on your own, contact your cleaning product supplier for assistance.
For more cleaning, troubleshooting and general equipment help, take a look through our collection of Groen manuals and diagrams.