How to Clean a Deep Fryer Basket in Your Commercial Kitchen
A commercial deep fryer is essential in any commercial kitchen. You can make everything from chicken wings and mozzarella sticks to onion rings and French fries in just minutes. Whether you run a large chain restaurant or small neighborhood bar, cleaning a fryer is a must. It’s also important to thoroughly clean your fryer basket. A dirty basket can ruin the flavor of your food and minimizes its lifespan.
Not sure what you need to do? Our steps below teach you how to clean a deep fryer basket using materials in your commercial kitchen. Below are also common cleaning supplies you will need when cleaning a deep fryer basket.
- Warm water
- Paper towel
- Sponge or soft-bristle scrub brush
- Dish soap
- Vinegar (if necessary)
- Baking soda (if necessary)
Cleaning a Deep Fryer Basket with Dish Soap & Vinegar
- Step 1. Wipe down the basket – Using paper towel, wipe off any remaining grease and oil from the basket’s interior and exterior.
- Step 2. Soak or rinse the basket in warm water – Place the basket in a bucket of warm water, and let it soak for about a minute or two. You also can put the basket in you sink and rinse it with warm water.
- Step 3. Soak in vinegar solution (if necessary) – Vinegar and warm water is especially helpful if the basket is caked with grease. Add a tablespoon or two of vinegar into warm water, and let a basket soak for about 15 minutes. Be sure the basket is fully submerged in the solution.
- Step 4. Scrub the basket – Using the soap and your sponge or soft-bristle brush, scrub the base and interior walls of the fryer basket. Also, scrub the basket’s exterior. Make sure to pay extra attention to the spots where the most oil and food particles are gathered.
- Step 5. Rinse and repeat – Once the basket is lathered up, give it a rinse with warm water. If you notice any remaining grease or remnants, scrub those areas of the basket again using more dish soap or about a tablespoon of baking soda. Rinse again after you re-clean these spots.
- Step 6. Dry the basket thoroughly – Placing a wet basket into oil does not bode well. Lay down some paper towels, and set the basket down so it can air dry. Let it sit for about five to 10 minutes. Wipe off remaining wet spots with extra paper towel thoroughly to make sure it’s completely dry.