Nor-Lake Walk-In Cooler Temperature Adjustment
In any commercial kitchen, cooling ingredients is essential. Nor-Lake makes world-class refrigeration equipment, including walk-in coolers, that are easy for operators to use. Over time, you might need to change the temperature settings on the unit. Below are Nor-Lake walk-in cooler temperature adjustment instructions that you can easily do on the unit's thermostat or electronic controller.
Conventional Thermostat Adjustment
Some Capsule Pak systems have traditional thermostats that sense both cut-in and cut-out temperatures of the return to the evaporator coil. Operators can adjust internal storage temperature by adjusting the thermostat's dial. Below is the quick procedure:
- Step 1. Access the thermostat – Locate the interior louver where the thermostat is located.
- Step 2. Adjust the thermostat – Using a 6 in. long shaft flat-head screwdriver on the dial, adjust the temperature in small increments until you reach the desired setting.
Dixell Electronic Controller Adjustment
Many Capsule Pak systems use Dixell XR60CX, XR02 and XWA11V controllers. Below are the procedures adjusting the thermostat set points and parameters.
XR60CX & XR02 Temperature Set Point Procedures
- Step 1. Check the initial set point – Push and release the SET key and set point will appear. Return to the original display by waiting five seconds or quickly pushing the SET key again.
- Step 2. Access the interface to change the set point value – Hold the SET key for a little more than two seconds. The set point value will appear with the "°C" or "°F" LEDs blinking.
- Step 3. Change the set point – Using the UP and DOWN arrows, adjust the temperature to the desired set point. Wait about 10 seconds or push the SET key again for the controller to store the new set point.
XR60CX & XR02 Temperature Parameter Procedures
- Step 1. Enter programming mode – Hold the SET and DOWN arrow keys for about three seconds. The "°C" or "°F" LEDs will start blinking.
- Step 2. Select the MAX and MIN temperature parameter – To access maximum ("US" LED) or miniature ("LS" LED) temperature set points, use the UP or DOWN arrows. Press the SET key to display the set point value.
- Step 3. Change the MAX and MIN temperature parameter – Use the UP or DOWN arrows to change the maximum or miniature temperature set points. Push the SET key for the controller to store the new parameter. To exit, wait about 15 seconds or press the SET and DOWN arrow key.
XWA11V Temperature Set Point Alarm Procedures
- Step 1. Access the temperature set point – Hold the SET and "High" (maximum temperature) or "Low" (minimum temperature) for about three seconds. The maximum or minimum temperature alarm will appear.
- Step 2. Change the temperature set point – Use the UP and DOWN keys to adjust the temperature setting. Once you have your desired set point, press the SET key to verify it and exit.
XWA11V Temperature Parameter Procedures
- Step 1. Enter programming mode – Hold the SET and DOWN arrow keys for about three seconds. The "!" and "light bulb" LED will start blinking.
- Step 2. Select the high and low temperature alarm parameter – To access high ("ALU") or low ("ALL") temperature alarms, use the UP or DOWN arrows. Press the SET key to display the set point value. Only the "light bulb" will blink.
- Step 3. Change the high and low temperature alarm parameter – Use the UP or DOWN arrows to change value to the newly desired parameter. Push the SET key for the controller to store the new parameter. To exit, wait about 15 seconds or press the SET and DOWN arrow key.
Need more help operating or maintaining your Nor-Laker walk-in cooler? Check out our collection of Nor-Lake manuals online.