Garland SIT Knob Alignment & Calibration
Both Garland griddles and ovens are equipped with the SIT knobs that allow users to easily adjust temperature. If an issue ever pops up, commercial kitchen operators typically turn to authorized technicians for help. To properly service these components, we have outlined the proper procedures for aligning and calibrating a Garland SIT knob.
SIT Knob Alignment
The steps below explain how to properly align the outer knob with the inner knob to allow the pilot valve to fully open.
- Step 1. Remove the outer knob, and check if the inner knob's ignition symbol is facing down at the "six o'clock" position.
- Step 2. Align the outer knob, window and ignition symbol at the "12 o'clock" position. Push it all the way onto the shaft.
SIT Knob Calibration
The steps below cover how to quickly recalibrate the knob after alignment.
- Step 1. Remove the control knob from the internal control knob.
- Step 2a. If product is taking too long to cook, adjust the pilot symbol on the control knob to the left by rotating temperature dial window to the right. Lock the ring screws when set at desired swing temperature measurement.
- Step 2b. If product overcooks, adjust the pilot symbol on the control knob to the right by rotating the temperature dial window to the left. Lock the ring screws when set at desired swing temperature measurement.
- Step 3. Insert the knob and make a new temperature swing measurement with a pyrometer.
Need more help with preventative maintenance? We have a large collection of Garland manuals to assist you.