How to Reset a GE Microwave
If your GE microwave won’t start, it’s time to do a hard reset. This will only take a few minutes to do, so your unit won’t be down for count for long. With our helpful guide, you can learn the right steps to take to reset your GE microwave properly. Learn how below.
How to Soft Reset a GE Microwave
A soft reset simply gets you out of the program your microwave was previously set to. Here are the steps to perform a soft reset.
- Step 1. Press the “Off/Clear” button to clear the display.
- Step 2. Press the “Off/Clear” button for 3 seconds. This turns off the child lock.
- Step 3. Reset the cooking program to the one you had set and press “Start” to resume cooking.
How to Hard Reset a GE Microwave
A hard reset will bring your unit back to manufacturer settings. This means you’ll have to reset the clock and any preset programs you had. Here’s how to hard reset a GE microwave:
- Step 1. Unplug the machine for a minute or two.
- Step 2. Plug the unit back in to reset any issues with the microwave’s memory.
- Step 3. Reset the time clock by pressing “Clock” and turning the dial to the correct time. When done, press enter. Select the correct minutes as well as a.m. or p.m. then press the “Start” button.
If you have any questions about GE microwaves not turning on or heating up, check out our GE manuals to troubleshoot the issue.