MagiKitch'n Griddle Cleaning
Having a MagiKitch’n griddle makes cooking up classic dishes like pancakes and burgers a breeze. Just like any grill or hot cooking surface, griddles need to be cleaned regularly to ensure the quality of the food remains intact. Luckily, though, cleaning and maintaining these units is simple, and incorporating the cleaning procedures into the daily routine is easy to achieve.
Learn how to clean a MagiKitch’n griddle with the provided instructions below. These instructions are for the MKE Series.
- Step 1—Scrape the griddle plate often with a griddle scraper to remove all surface debris and grease. Do not use grill bricks, grill screens, or any abrasive material.
- Step 2—Clean and wipe out grease chutes.
- Step 3—Wipe down the exterior of the griddle with an appropriate stainless steel cleaner.
- Step 4—Remove and empty the grease box(es) completely, and wipe down the inside of the box to remove any food particles that may have come loose from cleaning.
Cleaning the Griddle at the End of a Shift
Cleaning a Plain Steel Cooking Surface
- Step 1—Scrape the griddle surface thoroughly with a griddle scraper.
- Step 2—Use a grill brick or a grill screen to clean any heavy deposits of carbon from the grill’s surface. Do not use steel wool pads.
- Step 3—Once the griddle surface has cooled, polish it with MagiKleans’r or a similar non-abrasive, non-caustic cleanser that’s specially designed for stainless steel.
- Step 4—If necessary, season the grill after cleaning.
Cleaning a Chrome-Plated Cooking Surface
- Step 1—Scrape the griddle surface thoroughly with the supplied scraper. Do not use grill bricks, grill screens, or any abrasive material.
- Step 2—Once the griddle is cool, scrub the chrome surface with the supplied palmetto cleaning brush and cool water.
- Step 3— Polish the chrome surface with MagiKleans’r or a similar non-abrasive, non-caustic cleanser, along with a soft cloth and water.
- Step 4—Rinse with clean water and wipe off any residue with a clean, dry cloth.