Apple Galette (Tart) Recipe By Chef Frank Barrett-Mills
Apples make great ingredients in the fall or during the holiday season. With the help of Executive Chef Frank Barrett-Mills from Middleby, this apple galette (tart) recipe is the perfect fall- or holiday-themed dessert.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:35 - Ingredients & Apple Prep
- 02:47 - Mixing Ingredients
- 04:06 - Building the Galette
- 05:27 - Cooking & Finished Product
|For Two Galettes (Tarts)|
- Step 1. Place both 12” pastries on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Step 2. In a large bowl combine apples, granulated sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, and spices, mix well with your hands.
- Step 3. Spread filling evenly over the two pie pastries, leaving 1 ½" border around the edge. Single stack the apples tightly, using ½ of the filling on each galette. Fold edges up and over leaving most of the fruit exposed.
- Step 4. Pour ½ of the liquid in the bottom of the mixing bowl over each galette. Brush doughs with egg wash, and sprinkle sanding flour over the complete galette. Dab butter on top.
- Step 5. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. The apples should be tender. There may be some puddling of juice in the middle of the galette, brush over the complete galette.
- Step 6. When done, lift the galettes onto a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the galettes from the paper and slide onto a serving platter. Let them rest until they're just warm. Slice and serve with ice cream or gelato.