How to Calibrate the Dial Thermostat on a Thermo-Kool Walk-In Cooler or Freezer
It’s a common misnomer that everything is ready to go out of the box when, in fact, the shipping process can upset its accuracy. That’s why it’s a good idea to test your Thermo-Kool dial thermostat upon its arrival and every time your cooler or freezer undergoes maintenance or repairs.
Below are the steps on how to calibrate the dial thermostat on a Thermo-Kool walk-in cooler or freezer. For a visual recap, we’ve also attached a video tutorial above.
Supplies You’ll Need
How to Test & Recalibrate a Thermo Kool Walk-In Cooler or Freezer Dial Thermostat
- Step 1. Test the temperature readings on your dial thermostat – Place a thermometer within your Thermo-Kool walk-in cooler or freezer.
- Note: You’ll want to wait about five minutes for the thermometer to record the temperature.
- Step 2. Compare the thermometer’s reading to the dial thermostat – If the two results differ, then it’s time to recalibrate your Thermo Kool walk-in cooler or freezer dial thermostat.
- Step 3. Unscrew the dial thermostat – Take a flathead screwdriver and remove the three screws attaching the thermostat cover to the cooler or freezer’s exterior.
- Step 4. Place an index finger on the needle – To prevent the needle from moving, place your index finger at its widest end close to the center.
- Step 5. Recalibrate your thermostat – Referencing your thermometer, turn the screwdriver clockwise to increase the temperature or counterclockwise to decrease the temperature.
- Step 6. Refasten the screws – Don’t forget to return the three screws to their rightful places. Good work, you’ve now recalibrated the dial thermostat on your Thermo-Kool walk-in cooler or freezer!