How to Clean a Beverage-Air Kegerator
Beverage-Air kegerators are sure to be some of the most used pieces of equipment in a restaurant or bar, so proper maintenance is key. To help you care for your unit, this guide on how to clean a Beverage-Air kegerator outlines the daily and weekly maintenance procedures for the interior, exterior and faucet so your unit continues to work properly.
These cleaning instructions are for Beverage-Air BM kegerator models.
One-Step Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Step 1. Empty the kegerator - Before beginning a cleaning procedure, remove food product from the unit.
- Step 2. Power down the kegerator - Turn off the thermostat by pressing and holding the top-left button for 10 seconds.
- Step 3. Unplug the unit - To avoid electrical hazards, unplug the power cord from the outlet.
Exterior Cleaning (Daily)
- Step 1. Wipe down the exterior - Clean the stainless steel exterior with a soft sponge, warm water and mild detergent.
- Step 2. Rinse the exterior - Use a dampened cloth to remove any remaining dust particles or soap suds on the stainless steel surface.
- Step 3. Dry the outside - Soak up any remaining moisture with a clean, dry cloth.
- Step 4. Resume normal operation - Once the exterior surface is dry, restore power, turn the thermostat on, restock the unit and use the kegerator normally.
Exterior Maintenance (Weekly)
- Step 1. Wipe with stainless steel cleaner - Clean the exterior surface with a soft cloth and stainless steel cleaner.
- Step 2. Polish the top (if exposed) - If the top of the kegerator is exposed, use a soft cloth to polish it by wiping with the grain.
- Step 3. Use the unit normally - After completing the weekly exterior cleaning procedure, restore power, turn the thermostat on, restock the unit and resume normal operations.
Interior Cabinet Maintenance (Weekly)
- Step 1. Wipe down the interior - Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any dust particles or drink residues on the inside walls, floor, door liner and ceiling.
- Step 2. Wash the interior - Clean the interior with warm, soapy water and either a non-abrasive sponge or a soft brush.
- Step 3. Clean the gasket - Wash the gasket with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth.
- Step 4. Rinse the cabinet and gasket - Then, use a damp cloth to rinse away any remaining dust particles, drink residues or soap suds.
- Step 5. Allow to air dry - After cleaning the interior cabinet and gasket, allow them to air dry completely before using the unit.
- Step 6. Resume normal operations - To use the kegerator normally, restore power, turn it on, reload the product and use the unit normally.
Condensate Pans & Waste Beer Drainage (Weekly)
- Step 1. Remove the condensate pans and waste beer jar - Take out the condensate pans and plastic waste beer jar. Refer to the user’s manual for directions if needed.
- Step 2. Drain the condensate pans and waste beer jar - Empty the condensate that pools in the condensate pans and the beer that collects in the waste beer jar.
- Step 3. Clean the condensate pans and waste beer jar - Wash the condensate pans and waste beer jar with warm water, mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- Step 4. Rinse with clean water - Next, rinse away remaining particles, residues and suds with clean water.
- Step 5. Dry with a cloth - Then, dry the condensate pans and waste beer jar with a clean, soft cloth.
- Step 6. Reinstall the condensate pans and waste beer jar - Once the condensate pans and waste beer jar are dry, return them to the unit.
- Step 7. Use the kegerator normally - After reinstalling the condensate pans and waste beer jar, plug in the unit, turn it on, restock it with product and resume normal operations.
Faucet Tower & Spout Cleaning (Weekly)
- Step 1. Disassemble the faucet - Use a spanner wrench to take apart the faucet.
- Step 2. Wash the tower - Clean the tower with warm water, mild detergent and a soft cloth.
- Step 3. Clean the parts - Wash the disassembled parts with warm, soapy water and scrub with a soft brush to remove any residues. Since there are multiple parts, washing them in a sink may make the task easier.
- Step 4. Rinse the parts - Next, use clean water to wash any remaining residues or suds.
- Step 5. Dry the faucet - Then, dry the disassembled faucet parts with a soft cloth.
- Step 6. Reassemble the faucet - Reattach the parts to the faucet tower.
- Step 7. Resume normal operations - Once the faucet is cleaned, dried and reassembled, plug in the power cord, turn on the thermostat, reload the product and use the kegerator normally.
For more information on how to clean and maintain your Beverage-Air unit, refer to our extensive collection of Beverage-air manuals.