Antunes Steamer Troubleshooting
Antunes makes a wide variety of equipment suited for all types of kitchens, whether it's for large fast food chains or neighborhood restaurants. Their commercial steamers are some of the best in the industry, capable of whipping up delicious quickly while maintaining natural flavors. In the rare instance this unit has an issue, we have Antunes steamer troubleshooting tips to help you diagnose the problem quickly.
This article helps users understand identify a potential issue. If you’re only tasked with operating the unit, please contact an authorized service technician to resolve any of the following issues or diagnose additional problems.
If the steamer doesn't heat up despite the control display being on, the high-limit thermostat could be tripped or broken. Reset the high-limit thermostat using the instructions in your operation's manual. If it needs to be constantly reset, contact an authorized service technician. You also will need to contact a technician if the issue is caused by the following:
- Broken solid state relay
- Broken thermocouple
- Broken control board
- Broken steam generator
- Broken, loose or burnt circuit wires
No Steam or Little Steam Produced
If the unit heats up but there is little or no steam being produced, check the potential causes below:
- Filter strainer is obstructed – See if the filter strainer is restricted or blocked. Follow the maintenance procedure in the operation's manual to clean the filter strainer appropriately.
- Improper draining – The unit should be drained and cleaned on a daily basis and undergo a thorough procedure each month. Carefully follow the instructions in the maintenance section of the operation's manual for proper draining.
- Programming or values were incorrectly changed or adjusted – Programming or values for SHO or H2O were incorrectly changed or adjusted. Reset the control board following the instructions in the programming section of the operation's manual.
- Deficient or excessive deposits on the generator surface – Check for insufficient or too many calcium and mineral deposits on the generator surface. See if there is a thin layer of deposits on the surface. Look at the maintenance section of the operation manual for assistance.
- Bare generator surface – If the generator surface doesn't have a thin coating of calcium and mineral deposits for steaming, check the maintenance section of the operation manual to correct.
- Blocked generator steam ports – If the generator steam ports are restricted, follow the maintenance procedure in the operation's manual for proper cleaning.
- Loose or warped generator cover – Make sure the generator cover's wingnut is properly fastened. If the cover is warped and causes steam to escape, have it replaced by an authorized technician.
- Missing generator diffuser – If the generator diffuser wasn't installed or has gone missing, have it installed or replaced an authorized technician.
- Low generator surface temperature – Check that the generator surface has a temperature between 380-420 degrees Fahrenheit.
Steam Comes Out at Top or Sides
If steam is coming out around the top covers or the sides, see if the causes below are present:
- Warped generator cover – If the generator cover is warped and steam to escapes, have the cover replaced by an authorized technician.
- Loose generator cover wingnut – Tighten the generator cover's wingnut.
Excessive Condensation or "ERR" on Control Display
If there is excessive condensation in the food compartment or "ERR" appears on the control display, this typically means the programming or values for SHO or H2O were incorrectly changed or adjusted. You'll have to reset the control board following the instructions in the programming section of the operation's manual.
Blank Control Display with Indicator Light Off
If the steamer is on but the control display is blank with the indicator light off, look for the following causes:
- Power cord is unplugged or damaged – See if the power cord isn't plugged in or is in an inoperable outlet. If not, check for damage on the cord.
- Main circuit breaker is off or tripped – If the main electrical panel circuit breaker trips or is off, reset the breaker. If the breaker trips again, contact an authorized technician to repair.
- Switch isn't working – Contact an authorized technician if the switch is inoperable.
Blank Control Display with Indicator Light On
If the steamer is on but the control display is blank with the indicator light on, contact an authorized technician. This usually occurs if the control board or transformer are broken or the circuit has broken, loose or burnt wires. All causes need to be remedied by an authorized technician.
"ERR" on Control Display
If "ERR" appears on the control display, this typically means the programming or values for SHO or H2O were incorrectly changed or adjusted. You'll have to reset the control board following the instructions in the programming section of the operation's manual.
Tripped Main Electrical Circuit Breaker Panel
Sometimes, overheating could be the root cause. Turn the machine off, and let it cool down before restarting. If the main electrical circuit breaker panel trips again, there might be a loose connection, damaged cord, plug or receptacle or failed internal component. Contact an authorized technician to remedy any of these issues.
Water Leak in Electrical Housing
If you notice water leaking inside the unit's electrical housing, check for the following:
- Pin-sized hole in rubber hoses – Check the rubber hoses for a pinhole that is leaking water. If you see a hole, have the hoses replaced.
- Broken or loose water line tubes or fittings – If the water line tubes and/or fitting inside the electrical housing are loose or damaged, have them tightened or replaced.
Check out our collection of Antunes manuals for more troubleshooting or maintenance help.
Please contact a local authorized service agent who can help with this specific unit and all your commercial kitchen equipment needs.