Creative Food Truck Ideas
Katie Rudenga / Foodservice Tips, Restaurant Tips / January 23
When starting any business, it’s vital to find unique ideas to make sure you stand out from your competition. This is just as important with starting a food truck business. If you’re just starting your company, there’s plenty of creative food truck ideas out there to choose from. These ideas could apply to things like your branding, menu, or location and setup. Here are some fun ideas to try for your food truck.
Food Truck Branding Ideas
Branding is an important part of marketing your business to make your food truck stand out from others. It can be everything from your marketing strategy, assets like color schemes and fonts, or the personality of your company. These creative ideas are a great way to make your branding unique.
- Your business’s name – Giving your business a unique name that’s fun to say is a great way to brand your food truck. You can try a name that uses food puns, or something that hints at what you serve. You can also do something fun that lets your customers know what sort of vibe your brand has.
- Choosing a fun mascot – People love brands with fun mascots and you can have one for your food truck. Whether it’s a character or an anthropomorphized version of food you serve, customers will fall in love and remember your brand.
- Promotional materials – Whether it’s graphics for social media, or printed out flyers, make sure they catch people’s attention and mirror your branding assets so people will remember your business and recognize it from the promotional material when they see it in person.
Food Truck Menu Ideas
Making a food truck menu that customers will love is vital to your business’s success. If the food doesn’t stand out or isn’t the right quality, customers will go elsewhere. So make sure you put thought into your food truck menu so customers will be back to order more.
- Cultural fusions – You could have a menu that focuses on one culture and serves dishes from that, or you could try different cultural fusions to create something totally new. This is a fun way to incorporate multiple people’s cultures and have them interested to see their cuisine paired with others.
- Have one focus and create versions of it – Whether you choose to focus on grilled cheeses, burgers, or soft pretzels, you can then proceed to mix it up to something different so you become known as THE taco truck or THE dumpling truck.
- Be the truck that serves alternative diets – There are so many alternative diets out there now. You can be the truck that caters to these diets by serving everything from gluten free foods or vegan foods.
Location and Set Up Ideas
Where you choose to locate your food truck or how you set it up when you arrive at a location definitely matters. You want to be wise about where you go to get the most sales.
- Choosing cities – It’s important to find cities that your customers populate the most. You can figure out which cities to hit by setting up polls on your food truck’s social media to see where your customers are. Also pay attention to cities hosting events that you could participate at.
- Venues – Be sure to pick venues that fit with the food you serve and your branding. If there’s a rib festival nearby but your food truck serves seafood dishes, it probably isn’t the best venue to show up too.
- Set up – Set up your food truck so it’s easy to access. That means making sure it is accessible and accommodating of everyone so customers are not left out. Also setting up where there is seating or providing your own seating is a great option to make your customers more comfortable.
Starting a food truck is definitely no easy task. Don’t skip out though on finding unique ideas for your food truck to make it stand out from the others.