5 Hotel Marketing Tips to Use for the Holidays
McKenzie Richards / Holiday, Hotels & Hospitality / December 4
The holidays are here, which means it’s one of the busiest times of the year for your hotel. As your guests start making plans for the holidays, they’ll need a comfortable place to stay, and you need to be ready to accommodate them. Now’s the perfect time to capture the magic of the season and show what you can offer your guests during the most wonderful time of the year.
Here are five simple hotel marketing tips to use this holiday season.
Plan in Advance
Creating a hotel marketing plan will set you up for success later on and take a lot of the guesswork and worry for when December 1st rolls around. An easy hotel marketing tip for the holidays is to invent a simple theme. Then, all you have to do is implement your holiday marketing strategy and follow through:
- Choose a basic color scheme – Blue, silver and white with snowflakes are modern, season-appropriate and eye-catching, making for a memorable experience for your guests.
- Select matching decorations – Once the color scheme is picked out, you can bring the winter wonderland into every aspect of your business. Deck the halls with decorations in the lobby of your hotel to your social media pages and website.
- Prepare your promotional material – Holiday promotion ideas for hotels could be discounts, posters, welcome signs, packages, etc. Better still, you can save the materials and reuse them next year. Just tweak the verbiage or the graphics so your guests will never be the wiser.
- Craft a holiday menu – Devise specialty cocktails and dishes that not only showcase your holiday spirit but match your chosen color scheme. This could be simple as tracing a snowflake out of chocolate syrup on a dessert plate. But those extra touches are what guests remember, and happy sentiments often reflect in reviews.
Offer Special Holiday Deals and Exclusive Packages
Everyone is looking for a good deal this time of year, so offering specials and discounted room packages will definitely catch the eye of your guests. Some holiday hotel ideas and tips are:
- Determine the best deals to offer – As you create your plan for the holiday season, make sure to display these on your website, social media channels and so on. That way, as people begin to shop around for a place to stay, they’ll find your stellar deals.
- Offer guests exclusive room packages – These are perfect for guests who are planning on staying on the property during the holidays or for those hosting an event in your hotel. For example, you can offer a New Year’s Eve package that includes admission to your annual NYE bash, a free bottle of champagne and a discounted room for two.
- Get in on the 12-days-of-giveaway bandwagon – With so many holiday marketing strategies and promos ideas out there, it can be hard to choose just one. So make it a 12-day long, gift-filled day of holiday cheer. For example, it could be 12 days of promos or small, complimentary gifts, like chocolates your cleaning staff leaves on your guest’s pillows.
Share and Promote on Social Media
While you shouldn’t neglect to update your website, your social media profiles are the perfect avenue for promoting and sharing all the fun and festive happenings that are going on at your hotel.
A couple hotel marketing tips are to showcase everything from specials, deals, events and holiday menu items on your social media accounts, and encourage your followers to share, comment and like. You can even host a gift card giveaway on your social media accounts to generate further engagement.
Don’t Forget About Your Returning Guests
Catering to your regulars and previous guests during the holidays is an especially nice touch, as it’ll make them choose your hotel over others.
Here are some hotel marketing tips for the holidays to make them feel warm and welcome when the weather outside is frightful:
- Special pricing
- Free breakfast during their stay
- A day at your in-house spa
- Complimentary meal at the on-property restaurant
- If you’re hosting holiday events like a New Year’s Eve party, extend a personalized invitation and include a free bottle of champagne as an added touch.
When marketing to guests who have visited your establishment in the past, inform them of the special pricing and maybe an additional incentive to tempt them to book with you again.
Host the Hottest Events Around
Throwing holiday bashes and festive events not only makes guests want to stay at your hotel, but it also is a great way to get locals interested. Just make sure to market your ideas well in advance to clientele near and far. Shout it from the rooftops because, who knows, you might just see Santa Claus.
When you advertise these festivities, you can offer additional perks and incentives. Some hotel marketing tips to use during the holidays could be:
- Making it so every reservation you book before a certain date receives a special voucher to use later
- Having special pricing on a limited-time menu
- Hosting a Christmas Eve buffet or New Year’s Eve party for those spending Christmas in a hotel.
No matter what event you put on, this is a perfect opportunity to get the word out about your business and generate new leads and gain a larger clientele.
Get ready for the most wonderful time of the year with additional holiday promotion ideas, tips on how to utilize your social media accounts and more from Parts Town!