Many restaurants and other foodservice establishments use Vulcan Hart ovens to whip up dishes quickly and easily. In order to get things cooking or baking, the pilot must be ignited. Whether you need to start or relight it, check out the Vulcan oven pilot light instructions below to help you in a pinch.
VC Gas Series Convection Oven Instructions
- Step 1. Turn on the gas supply – Start by turning on the main gas supply in your facility, so gas can make its way to the oven.
- Step 2. Access the pilot – On VC gas convection models, lift the access door on the lower left trim of the oven. Make sure to do this with the master switch turned off.
- Step 3. Light the pilot – While holding the red control button, use a lighter to apply a flame to the pilot. Hold the button down for 30 seconds after ignition.
- Step 4. Close the access door – When the pilot light stays steady, you can close the oven’s access door.
- Step 5. Set the temperature and fan speed – Once the oven door is closed, set your desired temperature and fan speed on the unit.
- Step 6. Turn the master switch on – Turn the oven’s master switch back on and begin using your oven for regular operation.
More instructions and maintenance details can be found in the VC Gas Series manual.
GCO Gas Series Convection Oven Instructions
The GCO models have a spark ignition system that lights for GCO4S/4D/6D and GCO4C/6C units. Below are the easy activation steps for each type:
GCO4S & GCO4D/6D Procedure
Turn the oven’s manual gas valve to supply gas to the unit. Then, turn the master switch on and set thermostat to its maximum temperature setting. The “ON” and “HEAT” lights will turn on. Make sure oven door is closed for the “HEAT” light to activate.
The spark ignition system will start five seconds after the procedure above. The solenoid valve opens, so gas flows to the burner for seven seconds. If the burner doesn’t light, this process will repeat up to two more times after the initial ignition trail. During the five-second pre-purge sequence, the “NO IGNITION” light will display during attempts to relight.
If the burner doesn’t light, the “NO IGNITION” light will stay lit. Turn the master switch and gas valve off, and wait about five minutes before restarting the lighting procedure above. If the burner still doesn’t light after three more attempts, turn off the manual gas valve and contact an authorized service technician.
Start by turning on the gas valve to the unit. Once you’ve turned on the valve, push the “ON/OFF/OVEN” switch to “ON.” Then, set the thermostat to the maximum temperature setting. As long as the oven door is closed, the oven’s “HEAT” light should turn on. If the oven doesn’t light, push the switch to “OFF” and wait about five minutes to retry the ignition procedure.
More instructions and maintenance details can be found in the GCO Gas Series manual.
SG Gas Series Convention Oven Instructions
The process for lighting SG 4/6 and SG 44/66 models is similar to the other instructions above. Start by turning on the main gas valve to the unit. Then, push the main switch on the oven to the “ON” position. If the burner doesn’t light, flip the main switch to “OFF” and wait five minutes to retry. If your unit won’t light after a few attempts, turn off the main gas valve and call a technician for assistance.
More instructions and maintenance details can be found in the SG Gas Series manual.
Is the pilot still not lighting? Refer to your specific Vulcan Hart manual for more information or contact an authorized technician to repair the issue.