A Well-Oiled Hobart Machine Will Keep You Cookin’
What would your day be like without your Hobart food prep equipment? It’s hard to even imagine. Since your equipment takes care of you, you need to take care of it. Don’t worry. You don’t need to talk to it or take it out to dinner. Simple, routine maintenance is all that is required. Regular lubrication and periodic deep cleaning will ensure your equipment is ready for every breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Before you start, get yourself a Hobart OEM-specified oil kit right here at Parts Town. The Hobart 00-913102-00259 Lubrication Kit features food-grade oil designed specifically for your Hobart equipment. That’s NSF H1 registered food grade, if you’d like to get technical about it.
Now that you have your Hobart oil kit, here are some helpful hints to maintaining your Hobart slicers and mixers.
However You Slice It – Hobart Slicers
- Make sure slide rods are lubricated for peak performance
- Clean and lubricate the meat grip rod daily
- Lubricate the carriage slide rod once a month, or if you find moving parts are hard to maneuver
- Always lubricate slicer accessories after cleaning and sanitizing
Pro tip: Hobart HS 2000 and 3000 series slicers have an oil reservoir, so the slicer can be lubricated while in use for smooth functionality for longer periods of time.
Get in the Mix – Hobart Mixers
- Be sure to lubricate bowl clamps and siderails regularly – about twice a year.
- As you know, food is frequently splashed on siderails, so these should be cleaned and sanitized often
- Don’t forget to lubricate mixer accessories after cleaning and sanitizing every time
Find real OEM Hobart parts for your equipment right here at Parts Town. We have a massive selection of genuine Hobart food prep parts in the industry, so you can get what you need when you need it.