- Cleaning the bottom interior – Take out the lower shelf so you can access the bottom of the oven. Use a clean, dry cloth and OEM Doyon NEB201 Cleaner to wipe down the bottom surface.
- Cleaning the glass doors – If food particles or grease get on the glass doors throughout the day, wipe them down with a dry cloth or paper towel. At the end of the day, use a dry cloth and an ammonia-based cleaner to wipe the glass clean.
Preventative Maintenance & Cleaning
Routine maintenance and cleaning should be performed occasionally throughout the year on the oven. Below are the recommendations provided by Doyon:
Each month, you should conduct a thorough cleaning of the pizza oven's interior and exterior using the following instructions:
- Step 1. Clean the grills – Remove the grill racks from the oven and clean them with a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge. You can use a special cleaner or a combination mild dish soap and water. If there is stuck-on food or grease, soak them in a sink with warm water and soap.
- Step 2. Clean the interior and proofer – Using a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge, clean the interior surfaces and proofer with water and mild dish soap or OEM Doyon NEB201 Cleaner. Dry the surfaces with a separate cloth.
- Step 3. Apply silicone protector to interior – Once you're finished cleaning the interior, apply a silicone-based protector. Use OEM Doyon EXS200 Silicon Aftercare Protector for best results. This helps keep food from sticking to the metal.
- Step 4. Clean the oven windows – Doyon recommends using a metal and copper cleaner to clean the oven windows. Wipe using a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge.
- Step 5. Wipe down the exterior – Clean the oven's exterior with a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge. You can use water and dish soap or a stainless steel cleaner.
- Step 6. Clean top filter (if applicable) – Select models have a filter at the top of the oven. Using a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge, clean it with water and dish soap. During operation, avoid obstructing airflow by placing objects and boxes on top of the filter.
Once a year, you should clean the reservoir thoroughly with water and mild dish soap. Scrub carefully with a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge.
A certified technician also should conduct an annual tune-up. During this tune-up, the technician should verify and clean the:
- Gas mixer air inlet
- Spark rod and porcelain insulators
- Flame detection rod
- Burner input pressure
- Moving pieces
Check out our library of Doyon manuals for more help cleaning and maintaining the pizza oven.