Lancer Beverage Dispenser Cleaning
Ice-cold drinks are a staple in many restaurants, convenience stores and other commercial establishments. Lancer manufactures dispensers that pour refreshing drinks in no time. To keep your machine running in peak condition, cleaning and maintenance is a must. Below are Lancer beverage dispenser cleaning instructions to use on a daily basis.
This guide offers steps for 4400/4500/4600/LCD, 1500 Postmix/1500 Premix and 2300/2400 series units.
Preparing Cleaning & Sanitizing Solutions
The following instructions explain how to properly mix cleaning and sanitizing solutions properly.
Mixing Cleaning Solution
Combine a mild dish detergent with clean, warm water. Detergent can be mild dish soap, Ivory Liquid, Calgon or Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Do not use an abrasive cleaning chemical. The water's temperature should be between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix should be one ounce of cleaner to two gallons of water. Lancer recommends preparing 4-5 gallons of cleaning solution.
Mixing Sanitizing Solution
Solution should have 50-100 parts per million (PPM) chlorine with water. The chlorine can be Sodium Hypochlorite or bleach. Lancer recommends preparing a minimum of 4-5 gallons of sanitizing solution. Make sure they're prepared in conjunction with the manufacturer's written recommendations and safety guidelines and uses 50-100 PPM chlorine.
Daily Dispenser Cleaning
Below are daily cleaning instructions for 4400/4500/4600/LCD series, 2300/2400 series and 1500 POSTMIX/1500 PREMIX series models.
4400/4500/4600/LCD Series Dispensers
- Step 1. Clean the top cover and exterior – Use the cleaning solution to clean both the top Cover and all exterior stainless steel surfaces.
- Step 2. Wipe the dispensing valves and chute – With a soft cloth and cleaning solution, clean the exterior of the dispensing valves and ice chute.
- Step 3. Clean the cup rest and drip tray – Remove the cup rest from the dispenser. Use your soft cloth and cleaning solution to clean the drip tray and cup rest. Once cleaned, reattach the cup rest.
- Step 4. Wipe down splash areas – Clean the splash areas using a damp cloth soaked in cleaning solution.
- Step 5. Clean the valves – Following the valve manufacturer's instructions, clean the beverage valves accordingly.
2300/2400 Series Dispensers
- Step 1. Deactivate the machine's power – Take off the cover and disconnect power to the machine. This won't activate the valves while cleaning.
- Step 2. Clean the nozzle and diffuser – Remove the valve nozzle and diffuser from each valve. Wash them in a cleaning solution of mild soap and warm water. After cleaning, immerse them in sanitizing solution for 15 minutes.
- Step 3. Clean nozzle area – While the nozzle and diffuser soak, check the area around the nozzles for syrup residue. Use warm water and a soft cloth or supplied nozzle brush to clean the area. Wipe of the dispenser lever as well.
- Step 4. Drain and dry the nozzle and diffuser – Wearing safety gloves, remove the nozzle and diffuser from the sanitizing solution. Then, drain them and dry with a dry towel.
- Step 5. Reattach nozzle and diffuser – With your safety gloves still on, reattach the diffuser. Twist the nozzle in place.
- Step 6. Restore power to unit – Restore power to the dispenser and place the cover back on.
1500 POSTMIX/1500 PREMIX Series Dispensers
- Step 1. Clean the nozzle and diffuser – Start by removing the valve nozzle and diffuser from each valve. Then, rinse well in warm water. Don't use soap or detergent. It will cause foaming and taint the taste of beverages in the machine.
- Step 2. Clean cup rest – Remove the cup rest from the machine. Wash it carefully in warm water and mild dish soap.
- Step 3. Clean the drip tray – Take warm water mixed with mild dish soap, and pour it into drip tray. Wipe it clean with a soft cloth.
- Step 4. Wipe down the exterior – Dampen a clean, soft cloth in warm water. Wipe down the dispenser's exterior surfaces. Don't use abrasive soaps or detergents. These can damage the exterior.
- Step 5. Reattach removed components – Once they're dry, reattach the cup rest, valve diffusers and valve nozzles.
Need more help cleaning your beverage dispenser? Check out our collection of Lancer manuals for assistance.