Anets Deep Fryer Cleaning
Deep fryers are essential pieces of equipment for any foodservice establishment, with the ability to make customer favorites like french friends, onion rings and more. Anets deep fryers are no exception to this, and can easily be an often-used unit in your commercial kitchen. To ensure the quality of the food remains intact and that your Anets fryer keeps operating safely and regularly, it needs to be cleaned daily. Learn how to clean your Anets deep fryer properly with the easy-to-follow guide below.
This guide is for the 14” Standard Gas Fryer series, including the 14G, 14GS, 14GU, 14GSU, MX-14EG and MX-14EGU.
Daily Cleaning Procedure for Anets Deep Fryer
- Step 1. Disconnect the gas supply, unlock the casters and disconnect the movement-limiting cable if you’re relocating the fryer prior to cleaning.
- Step 2. Open the front door to the fryer and attach the drain extension to the drain ball valve.
- Step 3. Make sure the gas supply inlet valve is closed (handle is crosswise to the pipeline) and that the pilot flame is out, then perform a Shutdown Procedure.
- Step 4. Position a steel drum with a filter cone directly beneath the drain. Alternatively, if your fryer is equipped with an Anets FiltronicTM II or Filter Mate, you can utilize that per your user’s manual.
- Step 5. Remove the fryer baskets and sediment tray from the kettle. If present, remove the screen using the cleanout rod to avoid injury. Wash, rinse and dry these items thoroughly.
- Step 6. Allow the shortening to thoroughly cool down before draining the fryer. Then slowly open the drain ball valve, taking care to not spill or splash the shortening.
- Step 7. Use the cleanout rod to carefully clear out any sediment that could be blocking the kettle drain. Then flush all the sediment from the bottom of the kettle by pouring filtered liquid shortening into the kettle until the drained shortening begins to run clear.
- Step 8. Once the kettle is completely empty, close the drain ball valve and detach the drain extension. Then wash, rinse and dry the drain extension before storing it.
- Step 9. Wipe the kettle interior thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Step 10. Periodically perform a Boil Out to ensure the kettle is thoroughly cleaned.
- Step 11. Place the fryer in its usual location and reconnect the gas supply, the movement-limiting cable and lock the casters (if applicable).
- Step 12. If you’re going to use the fryer right after cleaning, fill the kettle with filtered/fresh liquid shortening to the appropriate indent marking on the rear wall of the kettle. Otherwise, melt the shortening to a liquid state and refill the kettle prior to using it during the next shift.
- Step 13. Replace the screen or sediment tray to its position in the kettle and place the fryer basket on its hanger.
- Step 14. Perform a Lighting Procedure to prepare it for operation.
For more instructions, procedures and troubleshooting tips, take a look at our library of manuals for assistance.