Manitowoc Ice Machine Shutdown and Start-Up Instructions
If you need to close down temporarily, shutting down ice machines for an extended period of time requires more than just standard cleaning. Manitowoc Ice has specific guidelines for its ice makers. Below are instructions from our friends at Manitowoc for shutting down and starting up your equipment.
Ice Maker Shutdown Procedures
- Step 1. Open door and turn off. Ice should be off the evaporator.
- Step 2. Remove the ice from the bin.
- Step 3. Press clean button. Turn off when complete. Add descaler when prompted.
- Step 4. When cycle is complete, remove internal parts for descaling and sanitizing.
- Step 5. Soak and descale components.
- Step 6. While ice machine parts soak, use a portion of descaler to delime the ice bin and interior parts of the ice machine.
- Step 7. While the parts are out of the machine and descaling, spray the components/parts with a sanitizer solution using a spray bottle. Let them air dry. Do not wipe them.
- Step 8. Using a spray bottle, spray the sanitizer solution on the internal walls and remaining interior parts of the ice machine as well as the bin walls.
- Step 9. Replace all removed parts in the reverse order you took them out. Wait 20 minutes.
- Step 10. Now, press the clean button. Turn machine off when complete. Add sanitizer solution when prompted.
- Step 11. When the sanitation cycle has ended, turn off the water supply and disconnect the drain and incoming water line at the back of the ice machine. Then, empty the water trough.
- Step 12. Energize the machine for one minute, so that the inlet valve opens. Blow compressed air in both inlet outlets at the rear of the machine to remove all the internal water. (This step only is needed if the ice machine is in low ambient temperature below where water might freeze)
- Step 13. Disconnect from electrical power.
Estimated Time: 110 minutes
Ice Maker Start-Up Procedures
- Step 1. Reconnect the inlet and outlet water lines.
- Step 2. Turn water back on. Check there aren’t leaks.
- Step 3. Plug in the machine.
- Step 4. Open the door and press the clean button when prompted “Make ice after cycle complete.” Add sanitizer solution when prompted.
- Step 5. Close the door and tighten. Ice machine will automatically go into ice-making mode.
Estimated Time: 35 minutes
Download or print the following guides:
- Ice maker shutdown & restart checklist
- BE 13 M1 S, IB & Q cleaning and sanitizing instructions
- BE 13 M1 Indigo cleaning & sanitizing instructions
- BE 13 M1 Indigo NXT cleaning & sanitizing instructions