Randell Pizza Prep Table Troubleshooting
Randell pizza prep tables are known for their utility and dependability. Although issues with these units aren’t common, this Randell pizza prep table troubleshooting guide will help you identify and resolve issues with your unit quickly and easily.
These directions are for Randell 8000-290 and 9000W-290 series prep tables.
Unit Won’t Turn On
Randell Pizza Prep Table Won’t Turn On: Troubleshooting Tips
- Power cord is unplugged - Plug in the power cord.
- Control is turned off - Turn the controller on.
- Control is faulty - Schedule an appointment with a licensed technician to remedy the issue.
Unit Is Too Cold
- Set point is incorrect - Raise the set point temperature. Refer to either our article on How to Change Temperature Set Points on a Randell Prep Table or the user’s manual for specific instructions.
Base Is Too Warm
Randell Pizza Prep Table Base Too Warm: Troubleshooting Tips
- Doors / drawers are open - Check the doors and drawers to make sure they’re completely shut. If not, close them.
- Gasket is damaged / out of position - Inspect the gasket. If it’s damaged, replace it; if it’s out of position, reposition it.
- Set point is incorrect - Lower the set point temperature. For specific directions, refer to our article on changing Randell prep table set points or the owner’s manual.
- Warm product placed in cabinet - Either discard the product or place it into a holding cabinet or blast chiller to cool it down. Remember to prechill food product at 32-41°Fahrenheit (0-5°C) for 4 hours before loading it into the unit.
- Coil is frozen - Remove product from the unit and then initiate a manual defrost by pressing the SNOWFLAKE button.
Unit Is Noisy
- Coil is frozen - First, unload product from the unit. Then, press the SNOWFLAKE button to start a manual defrost.
Unit Does Not Defrost
- Excessive ice is on the coil - To defrost the coil, first remove all product from the unit and then start a manual defrost by pressing the SNOWFLAKE button.
For more information on troubleshooting your Randell unit, our large library of Randell manuals is a great resource.